Becoming a Therapist
Choose Nuway Counselling as your practicum site
Nuway Counselling offers a variety of modalities in our counselling services, including but not limited to CBT, DBT, ACT, Gottman, EFT and more. Graduating from our practicum program has the potential to gain employment within our organization when opportunities come up.
As Nuway Counselling is a private practice, students are responsible for supervision fees. Supervisors' rate is posted online. Please refer to our fee schedules. However, there are many ways to reduce the cost, which will be discussed in the interview.
What do you gain as a student?
At Nuway, our practicum program is an average 8-12 months, consists of
24 session hours of initial training (prior to seeing real clients)
Once a month mandatory group supervision sessions (scheduled)
weekly group supervision sessions (scheduled)
1:1 supervision sessions (on-demand based on supervisors' availability)
Video library of supervisors' clinical sessions with actual clients
Co-counselling and co-facilitating opportunities (upon clients' permission)
Coaching on working in a private practice setting
Marketing and administration support
To help us learn more about you and consider you as one of our practicum students, please submit your application form along with your resume and cover letter. The procedure for becoming a practicum student with Nuway Counselling is
1. Submit your application form along with your resume and cover letter
2. Selected students will receive a 15-minute phone call from the clinical director.
3. Qualified candidates will be invited to a 30-45 minutes interview
4. Successful applicants will receive an offer letter to confirm they have been accepted as a practicum student at Nuway Counselling
5. Complete the necessary paperwork before the practicum term starts.