top of page

Can you do direct billing for my insurance plan?

Want to save time claiming your insurance? We are happy to help you if your insurance is from these companies.  

At Nuway, we are currently efficient with direct billing for three insurance companies in BC, which are:

  • the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia (ICBC),

  • First Nations Health Authority (FNHA), and

  • Crime Victim Assistance Program (CVAP).


For other insurance companies, if your insurance plan covers the counselling services provided by registered clinical counsellors or registered social workers, you can take the emailed invoice to your insurance company. You can then directly claim the invoice from your insurance company.

For Registered social workers' services, we can now do direct billing for most insurance companies including:


Canada Life, Desjardins Insurance, Alberta Blue Cross, Beneva Inc, BPA, Canadian Construction Workers Union, CINUP, Coughlin, D.A. Townley, Desjardins, Equitable Life, First Canadians, Industrial Alliance, Johnston Group, LiUNA Local 183, LiUNA Local 506, Maximum Benefit, People Corporation, RWAM, Simply Benefits, TELUS AdjudiCare, Union Benefits, UV Insurance.


How can I check if I can use my benefit plan?

For insurance companies other than ICBC, CVAP, FNHA, please follow the steps below to check if you can use your benefit plan to pay for your services:


1. Please check if your insurance plan covers counselling services provided by a registered clinical counsellor or a registered social worker or a psychologist


2. The counsellors working at Nuway Counselling are a group of registered clinical counsellors and registered social workers

  • Registered Clinical Counsellors at Nuway: Ms. Pui Sze Patsy Wong, Ms. Shunwei (May) Lai, Ms. Jue Wang, Ms. Bessie Wang, Ms. Una Mulhall

  • Registered Social Workers at Nuway: Ms. Zinat Sadaj, Ms. Zafreen Idoo


3. Please check how much coverage is covered by the plan for the service provided by your counsellor. If the counselling service provided by your counsellor is not covered by the insurance plan, you cannot use your plan. If it covers the service and the name of the insurance company is listed above, please provide the policy/contract# and the member ID to us to check for coverage. 

4. To claim your payment, please take the invoice which we sent to your email and directly claim it from your insurance company.

Be ready to provide us with the following insurance information for the direct-billing purpose if you have insurance from ICBC, CVAP or FNHA:


If you have been in a motor vehicle accident (MVA) and have an open claim with ICBC, please prepare to provide us with the following information for direct billing:

  • Claim number

  • Date of birth

  • Date of accident

  • Personal Health Number

  • Your adjuster’s name, email, and phone number


If your insurance plan from First Nations Health Authority covers counselling services, please prepare to provide us with the following information:

  • Status number, or policy number, or PHN#


If you have an insurance plan that comes from Crime Victim Assistance Program, please prepare to provide us with the following information:
-    A valid claim number

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

bottom of page